While Facebook seems full to bursting with people posting pictures of the Star Wars Legion core sets they’ve completely painted over the launch weekend, my own progress has been somewhat more modest as all I’ve managed so far is the set of eight barricades. They were very simple to paint and at least I can say that I’ve made a start on the core set!
The barricades were given a spray of Army Painter Plate Mail followed by a fairly heavy wash of Games Workshop’s Nuln Oil. The metal was then finished off with a drybrush of GW Leadbelcher, a second drybrush of GW Necron Compound and then I used a metallic black acrylic pen to edge the main panel sections and the grille section. Finally I picked out the display and control panel details with Foundry acrylics before finishing with a spray of Army Painter matte varnish.
Overall, a very simple process that took hardly any time at all.